Monday, January 23, 2006

Snowboarding 101


You are gonna fall all day, and come home in a lot of pain. But it will be so much fun that you will want to do it again and again.


Saturday morning, I drug my ass out of bed (albeit later than Josh) and met up with Cronk and Sara in Tateyama. We drove up to Raichou and the madness began. Bless their hearts, especially Cronk for being so patient. I was a mess the first time down, and I swear, I really WAS trying to put my weight on my left foot! The weather was stunning, and I had nothing to complain about all day, aside from the pain of being a complete newbie. Adam, Jacquie (sp?), Dan, Jake, Joshie, and I were all out there for the first time, and it was hilarious. We were easy to spot from the lifts, as we were the ones falling spectacularly time and time again. Most of the falls were broken by either my ass, or my right knee. There was that one time I fell on my chest and snapped my neck around at a strange angle, but the monkey balm healed that all up. I believe the delicious onsen we went to afterwards also made me feel a lot better.


Next weekend we will be hitting Hakuba, which I have to admit terrifies me slightly. I know that I will be with other new boarders, but I am not sure what to expect. I am also really excited, so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


So, for the record… I can ride heel and toe, I can turn toe to heel, and I suck miserably at turning heel to toe. I know it is because I am not as good at toe, so I don’t trust my body to keep me there. I am sure I will get it by the end of Saturday, and if not, I have all day Sunday to whine about how sore I am and figure it out.

No comments: