Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Grass Is Always Greener

Back less than 24 hours to Michigan.  J laughed at me on the way home as I marveled how green everything was.  Granted, I left in the middle of winter, when all was cold and grey.  The lilacs are blooming, the college kids have all but disappeared after commencement, and there isn't a whole lot here to complain about.  Just quiet, warm, green midwest.


Walking to work on my last day, I tried to take in as much as I could.  This trip marked the first time in nearly 10 years I had made it back to NYC, somewhere I always imagined myself living.  I'm truly grateful for the opportunity and am happy to be home, but echoing my roommates words, "I don't feel like I'm finished with this city yet..." 


I'll be back, be it for a stopover or whatever it takes.  (I even have Ganesh to help me out)  Don't know where we'll end up next, but Indiana is on the list for this week. 




Don't have too much fun without me, NY!





No comments: